The Black & Decker LM175 18-inch 6.5 amp electric mower costs about $160 and comes with the following features:
- It can side discharge into a bag (but the bag is optional).
- The 6.5 amp electric motor which is more than adequate for discharging and bagging, as well as cutting your lawn.
- No tune-ups needed.
- It is lightweight (35 pounds).
- Easy height adjustment with one lever, adjusting from 1 inch to 3.5 inches.
- Electrical cord has a 100 foot reach.
- The cutting path is 18 inches.
The Black & Decker LM175 has many fine qualities and if the above listed factors fit your needs, then the LM175 may be the mower for you. Here is a checklist of the positive points:
- It’s cheap to buy and cheap to run.
- It’s light and as easy to run as a vacuum cleaner.
- It’s self-starting and you don’t have to fight with the old cord-yanking process.
- It’s quiet which works well in a suburban community.
- It has no smell.
- It’s good for the environment cutting pollution by 90 percent.
Now for the negative points:
- The cord restricts your range of motion and can be tangled in bushes, beat down your flowers and there are instances where the mower mowed over its own cord and snipped it in two.
- The mulching bag is optional and small. Even on a small lawn, you will have to empty the bag half a dozen times.
Some people have purchased the LM175 and then growled about it not lasting very long. And they have a point but the problem is that they bought the wrong type of mower. This is a lightweight machine and not designed to handle big lawns with rough lawn cover. If you are mowing more than grass, such as tough-leaved weeds, the mower can wear out in three or four years. Also if you are the kind of landscaper/gardener who only cuts the grass when it is long enough to bother the neighbors, then that can be hard on the LM175 too.
The Black & Decker LM175 is great for a small, well groomed, and unimpeded lawn. If you have a wildflower-filled, thick-grassed, multi-patterned lawn look at some of the other Black & Decker choices.
For More Information Click Here Black & Decker LM175 Electric Lawn Mower